RCCG Sunday School Teens Teacher’s Manual 28 July 2019 Lesson 48 – Dominion through Hard Work
TOPIC: Dominion through Hard Work (Learn Craft)
Bible Text: Luke 14:16-17 (KJV)
16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
Memory verse: “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” – John 14:26
LESSON AIM: To teach teenagers about the Holy Spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: To live a life of dominion, you need to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
INTRODUCTION: It is the Holy Spirit who through the Word makes the human Spirit a new creature in Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit is present in the New Birth to bear witness with your Spirit that you are a child of God (Rom. 8:14-16)
Evidence of the Holy Spirit:
- Speaking in tongues. Acts 2:4.
- Repulsion for sin. Holy Spirit gives us resistance against desire to sin.
- Effective prayer of life. Rom. 8:26.
- Healing the sick and evangelism. Acts 1:8.
Works of the Holy Spirit:
- Has a will. 1 Cor. 12:11. The Holy Spirit has the ability to inspire gifts.
- Prohibits. Acts 16:6-7. The Holy Spirit guides you on where and where not to go.
- Guides. Acts 16:10.
- Speaks. Acts 8:29.
- Spirit of the Father. Matt. 10:12.
- Teaches. John 14:26.
Emblems of the Holy Spirit:
- The Dove. Matt. 10:16. The Dove is an emblem of purity and harmlessness.
- The Wind. Acts 2:2.
- Acts 2:3; Mal. 3:2.
- John 7:38.
- The Oil. Heb 1:9; Exodus 29:7.
LIFE APPLICATION: When we receive the Holy Spirit the relationship with God is improved even relationship with others.
INVITATION: A teenager that has no relationship with Christ cannot exhibit godly character, which would honour God in his/her home. We can only have great value for Jesus in our homes as children of God that believe in Jesus and have been empowered by the Holy Spirit. John 1:12.
DEVOTION FOR THE WEEK
SUNDAY: 2 Peter 3:14-18 – Be steadfast.
MONDAY: Ephesians 2:11-13 – Brought nearby His blood.
TUESDAY: James 5:13-17 – Do not boast about tomorrow.
WEDNESDAY: Matthew 5:1-12 – The beatitudes.
THURSDAY: Jonah 3:5-10 – The people of Nineveh believe.
FRIDAY: Mark 11:25-26 – Forgiveness and prayer.
SATURDAY: Malachi 3:8-12 – Do not rob God.